Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What I Could Be Doing

I could be sewing on fish right now, but I'm not. I'm too tired. And my arm hurts. I fell down the stairs (tripped on a Lego) and smacked my arm on the railing. I have a lovely bruise.

But I have lots to do tomorrow. In no particular order:

Peanut brittle - Aaron is not a cookie guy, so he gets this as his treat. Although it might get pushed to Christmas Eve because of everything else I have to get done.

Like finishing my fishy bean bags. Aaron finished the paint job on the board (it is stunning - just wait for pictures). So I've got to finish my little fishies. I'm over half done sewing them. Then I have to fill them and stitch them shut. Shouldn't be too bad, but the kids are always around!
I could be eating these, but I won't. I baked off two batches in the last couple of days and have had my fill.
I'd like to say that I'm prepping for these tomorrow. I've got butter coming to room temp and should be ready for Laurel and I to mix and bake tomorrow.

I hope your list is empty - except for the important things. I've decided that while I like the tradition of taking cinnamon rolls to firefighters and police officers on Christmas eve, it makes for an exhausting day. I'd rather just spend the day playing together. So we have sugar cookies planned and Christmas movies and fun. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment