Monday, August 18, 2008

We're Here, and mostly settled!

Can I just say that I chose one of the hottest weekends to move? Well, I didn't choose it, it chose me. And at least we had A/C on the Richland end. But, hello, it was 95 in Seattle when we got to town. Not a good thing, because, along with no dishwasher, there is not A/C in these apartments. Which I can understand because it rarely gets that hot.

But color me happy because today it was cold and rainy and gloriously Seattle-y! Love love love this town. We've been busy moving in, getting things straightened. For the record, I'm not a good labeler of boxes and Aaron's not a great unloader of trucks. Which is why we should always move together - he could label the boxes better and I could direct the unloading of the truck. Then things would be perfecto instead of unorganized chaos. But we're getting there. I totally should have taken pictures of what my living/dining room looked like so you could appreciate all I've done in one day. I am rocking it today. The toughest part is moving things out of my way (which should be in another room) to get the right things in place. But it's coming together. Right now, our kids are kneeling on the floor next to a box in the kitchen eating their meals. It's super cramped, but the table goes up tomorrow so we can actually eat meals at the table again! What a concept! And Aaron will be anchoring my bookcases to the walls so I can unpack the gazillion boxes of books.

My kitchen is mostly set up and you can tell where my priorities are - the cookbooks are out and the baking center is established.

We have a great ward and most of our neighbors are LDS - in fact, our "wall" neighbors are friends of Aaron's from his singles ward days, and the second counselor in the bishopric is also a friend from back then. Good times. And Leslie, my neighbor, is kind enough to let me use her dryer tonight to dry my clothes because Aaron has to switch out the dryer cord because the outlet is different. More good times.

So, all in all, life is good. We haven't killed each other or filed for divorce, so we're counting ourselves fortunate. And we're back to K-town for the fair and rodeo on Friday anyway. Gotta go see Aunt Corey be a saloon girl!

We'll post pictures soon. Had to charge the battery on the camera or I'd have photos of Laurel and Will playing outside in the rain with their new boots and umbrellas. Awesome moment, let me tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Seattle and the rain! I hate to admit that the rain actually grows on you, but it does and I don't hate it as much as I did when we moved to the area! Good luck with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats are surviving the move...the worst is over and the best is to come! I envy you the cool, rainy Seattle day!

    ReplyDelete