Monday, August 25, 2008

UW Orientation, or how Jennie feels ancient

I had my UW orientation today. Not a whole lot of info I needed to know, especially not to fill up 4 hours (5 with travel, check-in, breaks, etc.). And lets not forget that James is a nursing infant and can't be away from mommy that long. I thought that would be my out, but they said I could bring him along. Clearly people who haven't recently been around an almost 10-month-old. He wasn't fussy. Just his cute little loudy-pants self. He's just finding his voice, which I don't notice at home with the other two making just as much noise as he does. But in a room full of barely awake college students, it was pretty loud.
So I'm registered for classes and can I just say that I have yet to find a college counselor who is worth their weight in anything? She didn't tell me anything hard and fast, so I had to figure it out on my own when I got home. Like I have to take this math class this term if I'm to take the next math class by the time I need to apply for the business school. It's so frustrating. And I need an English class. Again! Sigh. Isn't there a blogging class? That would be good times.
Not much else going on in our little world - Will is a sick little guy right now - running a fever and being pretty miserable. I've lifted the TV ban - all bets are off when they are sick and don't want to do much else. We did pretty well - we went a whole week without it - not counting Saturday morning cartoons at Gran's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment