Monday, August 11, 2008

The Search is Over

Cue cheesy 80s music. I have a confession to make - I'm wasting a smidge of time looking at toys online. See, I've been going back and forth on what to get Laurel for birthday/Christmas (they are so close together that I consider them to be the same season). I know other girls her age (and younger) have fashion dolls already - Barbie, Bratz, etc. Well, I'm just hesitant to start down that road. Bratz will forever be outlawed in this house. Barbie doesn't bother me, but when I read articles about how fast children are growing up, I'd really like her to be a little girl as long as possible. And then I'll get her hooked on American Girl dolls!
So I did the mommy dance of joy (if you haven't seen it, you're missing out!) when I found these. Forgive me, but I think they are absolutely fantastic. My girl loves animals and this will be just the thing. They are called Calico Critters and they are the cutest things ever. They have furniture sets and different families - Dalmatians, Rabbits, Kitties, Lambs, Hamsters, Mice. So much fun. I might get down and play with them! Aren't they so cute?



Boys are so much easier. Legos. Thomas the train. Guns (yes, guns) and swords. Trucks. Girls, you have to worry about the "implications" of it all. And I have some friends who won't let their girls even play at another girl's house because she has Barbies.
So, yay for Calico Critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment