The story behind this kite - Aaron took the kids to the park up the road several weeks ago. A guy was flying a kite up there, but he didn't learn the rule of avoiding really tall trees. It got stuck and he didn't want to bother getting it down. Aaron offered to help (he had James in the Bjorne - don't know what he thought he'd do to help) but the guy told him if he could get it down, we could keep it. I was taking a test and on my way home when he called to hurry me up. I got there, Aaron scared me to death climbing the tree and he rescued it for Laurel and Will. Laurel especially was excited about this - she's been "making" kites at home for weeks - cutting shapes out of paper and adding kite strings to them. They don't fly so well.
We finally had a good kite flying day and we went to a better park for it. Lots of fun was had by all.
And as for the sick people around here, myself included, I just have to say that I demand the drug companies make a childrens medicine like iocane powder in "The Princess Bride" - it should be odorless and tasteless. It should not be poison. My kids are HYPER sensitive to the bitterness that these medicines have. I've tried it all - hiding it in applesauce, chocolate milk, pudding, lemonade, juice. Doesn't work. They have a medicine radar. It's not so bad when it's just a symptom relief medicine. That's not a necessary thing. But William, we suspect, has a sinus infection and needs to take his antibiotic. I cannot get it into his system! If I just squirt it in his mouth, he'll spit it out. If we do anything, and I mean anything, that upsets him and makes him cough, eventually he'll throw up. And they only give you just enough antibiotic - I don't have extra for him to spit up. What is the world thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment