Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This Week's favorites

Big ol' rainstorm last night. Usually, Seattle just drizzles. It poured, along with some lightning and thunder. Lots of puddles.

And now, the sun is shining and drying things out. My flowers are happy to see the sun, as are my kidlets. We're playing outside this afternoon for sure.
Dear Ben and Jerry's - do you guys know what a hazard your Chocolate Fudge Brownie is? I *heart* Chocolate Fudge Brownie more than I'd like to. Don't ever stop making it!

Memorial Day started early for us - I walked out of my Tuesday afternoon music class that meets in Kane Hall on Red Square, only to find myself facing the ROTC Air Force, Army and Marine units lining up for a ceremony honoring our fallen soldiers and Marines. I quickly called Aaron and had him bring the kids up for it - we made it just in time and got to hear an awesome Marine speak - Colonel Bruce F. Meyers, author of Fortune Favors the Brave and Swift, Silent and Deadly - he's the guy who started Force Recon. He served in WWII and he was just awesome. Had a chest full of medals.
Here's a great movie to watch this weekend if you need something patriotic and inspiring. Tom Selleck is a great Eisenhower and it's a wonderful movie to make you appreciate what has been sacrificed for all of us. I wish there were more real Memorial Day celebrations rather than just barbecues and picnics.



I love my country.







2 comments:

  1. I love Ben and Jerry's. My very favorite is "Chubby Hubby" If I don't slow down though, I'll be the very chubby wife! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Jerry's Cherry GArcia or 31flavors Jamoca Almond Fudge. I want a scoope RIGHT NOW and am not going to get it given I'm in my pjs in bed at 10:20 in the evening. sigh...there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete