Don't hate me - it's cheesy, but I love this movie. I'm a sucker for good, clean movies. This version of Cinderella is adorable. I watched it yesterday afternoon while I folded laundry.
We read a lot of books lately, and this Dr. Seuss book is a challenge - lots of tongue twisters! The kids get a giggle out of me tripping over the words and I have fun at the same time.
I like books with good messages and you can't get much better than this one - it's not preachy, but I can relate to the mother in "Fanny." She doesn't want to purchase her daughter a "Connie" doll - they look remarkably like Bratz/over-done Barbies. So Fanny makes her own doll and loves it. Laurel loves the book and I love reading it to her. She loves her soft doll that looks like a little girl and I love that she doesn't ask for "fashion" dolls yet. I'm trying to keep her little as long as possible. There are some nice Barbies out there, but she's not so good with small, lose-able things. And I like making clothes for her doll Claire.
Will's favorite books to look at are Calvin and Hobbes. When it's naptime, he sits down on his bed and studies his manual. I'm worried - I think he's going to give Calvin a run for his money. But it settles him down and then he goes to sleep. No doubt dreaming about flying F-15 with dinosaurs and playing Calvinball.
Another one I love reading to Laurel - she has it memorized! It's a good one for children to learn that our food comes from somewhere besides a grocery store - that apples grow on trees. It goes through the roots, rain, clouds, sky, sun - really beautiful book.



I love your "happy lists" Jennie! I confess "Cinderella Story" is actually in my small dvd collection too--you're right, it's just clean and a bit silly, the right amount for an afternoon folding laundry! We also trip our tongues over "Fox in Socks" but I can't wait to read "Fanny"--such a darling illustration on the cover-- and we'll have to check out the other books too. Do you need rain boots too? I think your black/white umbrella would be so cute with a pair of red rainboots peeking out from under there too!
ReplyDeleteCinderella Story is one of my favs also! And as far as the umbrella goes, there will come a point when you are so used to the rain that you will forget about the need to cover your head and you'll go out anyways! I decide how to do my hair each day by looking out the window. "Oh, it's raining today. Guess I'll wear my hair in a ponytail."
ReplyDelete