Friday, May 22, 2009

Laurel Graduates!

Okay, let's be serious. It's only pre-school. But it was adorable to see her in her little cap and gown. We laugh, because this means that Laurel wore a cap and gown before Aaron did - sorry sweetie! We were smart enough to leave Aaron and the boys home - they would not have had fun, I tell you. I didn't get very good pictures during the "ceremony" - a lady with big poofy hair kept getting in my way. But I got this one before we went in - Laurel wanted to pose by the pretty pink roses:

Isn't she the sweetest thing? I'm glad I got a picture of her with her hair in braids, because once that cap went on, her hair was a disaster. We're growing out her bangs and it is a challenge keeping them out of her face all the time.

And there she is, with her diploma (Aaron and I laughed when we looked at it later - it has signature lines for the principal, some other bigwig and the teachers - but no one signed them!). Really, just too cute for words. We had some cake, but we had big plans for girl time ice cream and Baskin-Robbins. But one other stop first.

I was NOT, repeat, NOT going to go overboard here and get her flowers and balloons for a pre-school graduation. I think it's a bit silly. But she wanted some flowers. We went to QFC and she chose some pink gerbera daisies. I like having fresh flowers around, so this was a good excuse. Then we went for our Rainbow Sherbet. It was a super nice night and fun to see her with her friends.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, by the time she graduates from High School, she'll have the routine down pat! She sure looks grown up. What a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really looks grown up, like midget MBA! really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool they actually had kid-size caps/gowns--I've never seen that before! What a sweet girls night out to go along with graduation. I love her hair in the braids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love stuff like this. It's just so much fun to see these little mini-graduates

    ReplyDelete