Saturday, September 06, 2008

Somebody said "Mommy" today!

And no, it wasn't James. It was Will. And I'm giddy. True, it sounded more like "Nommy" but I'm so excited I don't care. Will's a little delayed in his speech and has NEVER said Mommy. Never.
We were at the park and Laurel was running towards me with a flower to show me and she was saying, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" over and over again. And right behind her was her little brother Will, doing the same thing. It's times like this that your heart could just burst. I tried to not cry (I did tear up a little, but I don't think anyone noticed). I'm just so happy for my Will - he really seems to be having a breakthrough in his speech and that will make things so much easier for him.
And, let's be honest, it really thrilled me to no end to finally hear my little man say "Mommy." Aaron was worried that James would say it before Will. Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Will! The hard earned milestones always seem to bring on a few mommy tears. What a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that almost makes ME cry! I'm so happy for you AND Will--cherish it, cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Good Boy! And YES to the recipe blog! I am so in, although I don't know how much I will be able to contribute, because I am, as I have said before, "domestically challenged!" Let me know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete