Sorry, Mom, no picture of me at the bus stop this time.
But it was a great day. Here are the highlights:
Intro to Law class:
A student, who came in late and irritated the professor, asked these questions when he asked if we had any:
"Um, what kind of food can we bring to class?"
"Will that clock get fixed?" The clock was one of those old, thick, bolted to the wall clocks that was exactly one hour ahead. I say, get over it pal. Or get a watch!
My French teacher looks like a young Leslie Caron. I was wondering if I was really going to complete a French minor. After listening to her speak rapidly in French to the other instructor, I know I just have to do it. When she would switch to English, her voice was not nearly as enchanting. And let's face it, French is the language of pastries and chocolate. I remember enough from high school French to follow her a bit, but by the time I'm done here I should be fluent. Then I'm off to Paris and Montreal and anywhere else I can speak in French!
My math teacher is insanely hyper and actually makes it fun. I think it will be an easy class.
The kids did all right - the naps are a bit off, but we'll work it out. We have a rather complicated pick-up/drop-off schedule, but we're managing just fine. It really makes me feel blessed that things are really working out. I even got chores done this morning between classes.
Well, gotta go get dinner done now - helps that I have a spectacularly handsome sous chef who preps it for me!
I am so proud of you (and not a little jealous as a matter of fact). You go girl!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for more entertaining stories about your classes/teachers/fellow students as the semester continues! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on getting the chores done, among many other things. I am thoroughly impressed!
ReplyDelete