I neglected to blog about Father's Day - sorry Dad, Aaron and Mark! The three best dads I know.
First, my dad. It's even harder to find pictures of the two of us together. We're getting one! I sure love him and his adventuresome-ness (is that a word?). I love how he is with my kids (most of the time - just don't threaten to get him wet!). He fixed my cars and threatened to beat on boyfriends - just what dad's are for.
Then there's Aaron. What a blessing he is in my life and our kids. He loves them so much and wants only the best for them. He's great at wrastling and playing and singing silly songs.
Mark is Aaron's amazing stepfather and he is wonderful. So thoughtful and kind - Laurel really wants her Grandpa to teach her how to fish! He's been such a good influence in Aaron's life.
Here is the cheesecake I made for Father's Day. Will got to it first with Thomas and Percy. I did not throw it away. We ate it as a tribute to fathers' patiece. And mine!

We're doing our regular trips to the pool at our apartments. With Aaron in Seattle during the week with the car, it's nice to have the pool so close. James got all tuckered out on Monday.

We're surviving pretty well. Really, not having a car is going to be a blessing for me. It's been too easy to just hop in the car and run to the store multiple times a week. Now, I'm planning a menu every Friday so that I can do the grocery shopping on Saturday morning. We'll take the bus tomorrow to the mall for the free movie at 10:00 a.m. It's great. So when we get to Seattle, we'll be used to taking the bus and planning ahead for shopping trips. It's nice that I have so many friends in the ward who have offered to drive us anywhere and who all live close so we can play together without having to go far on foot. Got me some new walking/running shoes for that purpose.
I'm glad to hear you didn't waste that cheesecake...it is true Dad fashion to eat whatever it is no matter what it looks like. :) Besides wasting perfectly good cheesecake should be a crime. lol Glad to hear you are surviving without a car. I think I'd go insane being stuck at home all the time although I am trying to quit driving whenever I can right now since gas is so expensive. Way to go taking the kids to the pool...we have yet to make it to any pool this summer. ONe of these days I'll brave the heat and possible illness later and take the kids to the pool.
ReplyDeleteJennie, are you moving back to Seattle? Apparently, I missed one of the details of the turn your life is about to take. Fill me in. Sorry to hear about that cheesecake but I'm glad you still ate it.
ReplyDelete