Okay, as far as I know, only about two readers of my blog are going to really, truly get a kick out of this. But I do live to entertain those I know and love!
I was doing laundry and sorting clothes to send to Goodwill prior to our move. Well, I found my PIG t-shirt (Jennifer - you know the one!). I have never been able to let this shirt go because everytime I see it I get to relive some really fun, geeky moments.
See, we played PIG at our AP History study group sessions. Not the PIG on a basketball court. Nope, this is played on a pool table with just the 8 ball and the cue ball. It's very complicated, but all kinds of fun. I cut my leg once playing. It's a pretty rough game and one I like to get back into. Quite a workout too. If only I could remember all the crazy rules!
See, it's stuff like this that I'd like to see at reunions. If all the PIG players could reunite and get all those crazy rules down, because there are lots I can't remember, it would be a total hoot!
Here are the rules I remember:
If the 8-ball stops moving, you get a letter and lose your turn.
If the person before you knocks it into a pocket, you get a letter.
You have to be on the opposite side of the table from the 8-ball when you serve your cue ball - harder than you think when that 8-ball is moving fast and you have to run around the table.
You can't serve from the long-sides of the table - only the short ends.
You can't reach past the center of the table, no matter how long your arms are.
That's what I remember. Oh, and did I mention we did this at a study group? Yep. We'd play a round or two, sit down, drink some Dr. Pepper and memorize facts about dead presidents (James Buchanan, Dred Scott decision - how do I know this Jennifer?). And we all did well in the class. If only Ms. Stanton knew.
I am laughing reading this. I too still have my pig shirt. It's my painting shirt now and it's huge!! For some weird reason it's like an extra large or something. It would be nice to get a pig game going on wouldn't it? Such fun memories. I can't remember any more of the rules either. Have you looked at your shirt? I know there were some of them on there.
ReplyDeleteAs for James Buchanan---JB Jeff Blank, dred locks, Dred Scott...I think that's the one thing I still remember from that history class. :)
Thanks for the memories...