
I've been thinking a lot about what Elder Bednar had to say about the tender mercies of the Lord. Perhaps, with what is going on in our lives, we've experienced more than our fair share.
For my facebook friends, Aaron's acceptance into the University of Idaho law school is no surprise. What really makes that a tender mercy is that on Monday, we found out we are expecting our fifth child. We made the decision to have faith and continue our family in spite of uncertainty.
Now, you might say that Aaron got in on his own merit. But why this year? Why not last year? Another tender mercy, in my estimation. I honestly believe that the Lord wanted me to complete my degree. I honestly believe that the Lord wanted Aaron to spend this year caring for his children, raising them and learning patience. If you learn fastest in the fiery furnace of adversity, than Aaron has had a lightening education in patience. Honestly, he has tried and he has passed. The true test came when I went away last weekend to Boise and he was on his own with the three oldest for over 48 hours. That was a big test for him and he passed with flying colors!
I feel so blessed at this moment in my life. We have a plan. We know where we will be come Christmas. We have a brighter future. Aaron has more confidence in himself and his abilities. I will have my degree. I might even have an internship under my belt. It took some time, some doubt, a lot of faith and a lot of prayer, but we are so grateful for the experience.
I also am grateful for the peaceful feeling I've had since last night. We truly can pray and have our burdens lifted.
Congrats on your upcoming addition. I'm still holding out hope that he will get into BYU and you can move here! ;)
ReplyDelete