Forgive me. I have brothers. So I have a difficult time, still, after years of having girlfriends whom I adore, when girls tear each other down, in any way they can. Because recently, someone has made it a fun little activity to try to make me feel rotten.
I don't get it.
Is it a jealousy thing? Is it an insecurity thing? Immaturity thing? Is it just a mean thing?
So my February addition to my resolutions for the year is to do what I can to build up my girls. Starting today.
Today, I will pass on an inspiring and uplifting thing I heard in Sunday School while visiting in Boise. We were discussing the law of consecration. This is a tough one for me, because I'm always wondering what I can do, and if I could actually do it.
A very soft spoken, kind, older gentleman spoke up. He said this:
"If the family is the building block of the church, than mothers who are raising families ARE living the law of consecration."
I could have hugged him. I felt, well, better. Raising a righteous posterity is a worthy goal. Taking on the eternal responsibility of motherhood is a difficult thing. It isn't a nanny job you can walk away from. And the hardest moments come when you are at your worst, emotionally, physically, sometimes spiritually.
So, my ladies, remember that the work you are doing, raising your children, is the most important thing you can be doing right now. Am I a full-time mother? You betcha. I just happen to be in school as well. And my children have a father who is making HUGE strides. I'd like to see other fathers stay home with their children for 8 months and have things getting better, not worse. And they are getting better.
Oh, and there is an end in sight! I graduate at the end of August. Hallelujah!
What a fabulous way to think about it! Thanks so much for sharing it's just what I needed to hear.
ReplyDelete