
Isn't she a doll? This is in the library, with me. We've been having some homeschool challenges and so on Thursday, she came to school with me. I didn't have classes, so we spent a couple hours in the library. As you can see, she had to bring some friends to keep her company. She worked on her lessons, colored pictures, had a cocoa break with me - did really well.
This homeschooling things is really teaching me some valuable lessons. Right now, the most important is that she really needs one on one guidance. She is not at the point yet where you can just give her a worksheet and walk away. She is also a very social creature. Sitting by herself at a table is torture.
So we're working it all out.
Oh, and my lists. I love my lists. I carry around a little notebook with my t0-do list for the day. It's awesome because it's small and forces me to keep my lists short for each day. I love crossing things off my list. Sometimes, when I do something that wasn't on the list, I write it on there first and then cross it off. Such a great feeling. I have lists of lists. My favorite right now is my sewing list. It keeps getting longer, though.
How do you organize?
I'm a list girl too...it works for me and I LOVE crossing things off that I've gotten done.
ReplyDeleteGeoff laughs at all of my lists. I've gone to a weekly list rather than day-to-day...otherwise I was always transferring things to the next day that I DIDN'T get done and would get discouraged. A weekly list gives me some flexibility.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun homeschooling day at the library! The challenge became a blessing--I love that you found time for one-on-one with her!