Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Smitten Kitten

Two things inspired this post. First, I found these song lyrics that I had copied down - all were ones that pretty much described how I feel about this man of mine. Second, I found Aaron asleep on the floor in the boys' room. Okay, I was terrified for a few reasons when I finally found him. Laurel woke me up. She was in the bathroom, screaming and crying. That was scary enough. I then went downstairs to feed Henry, figuring I'd find Aaron downstairs (he wasn't upstairs in our bed when I woke up). Aaron wasn't downstairs. The car was still there. It was after midnight. I was scared. I called him. No answer. I headed upstairs, glanced in the boys' room and saw a long lump on the floor. I woke him up. He said that Will had been coughing pretty badly and he was worried so he decided to sleep in there. Isn't he wonderful?

So, on to the song lyrics! I love musicals and these are some of my favorites. Yes. I like Grease 2. I need a copy on DVD. It's what started the whole motorcycle obsession for me.

Suddenly I'll know when my love comes along
I'll know then and there
I'll know at the sight of his face
How I care, how I care, how I care
And I'll stop.
And I'll stare.
And I'll know long before we can speak
I'll know in my heart.
I'll know and I won't ever ask
Am I right, am I wise, am I smart.
And I'll stop.
And I'll stare.
At that face. In the throng.
Yes, I'll know when my love comes along
I'll know When my love comes along.
Guys and Dolls


If you really want to know
What I want in a guy...
Well, I'm lookin' for a dream on a mean machine
With hell in his eyes.
I want a devil in skin tight leather,
And he's gonna be wild as the wind.
And one fine night,
I'll be holdin' on tight...
To a coooool rider, a coooool rider.
Grease 2
I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
High as a flag on the Fourth of July!
If you'll excuse an expression I use,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love with a wonderful guy!
South Pacific
He held me for an instant
But his arms felt safe and strong
It only takes a moment
To be loved a whole life long
Hello Dolly!

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close
Enchanted

Love you Aaron. Thought everyone should know how much.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read posts like that. Happy marriage to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete