Sometimes, when Mr. Henry is tired but isn't hungry, we have to put him in the Bjorn and walk him to sleep. It's not so bad at home. I can wash the dishes, even stand at the table and fold laundry. At church, he insists that I be moving a bit more. So I was walking the halls with him when I found this quote smack dab in the center of a Church News:
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
Thank you, President Monson. I'd forgotten he'd said this in general conference, October 2008. I've since made several large font copies of it and it's now on my fridge, hanging over my washer and in the bathroom. Because I need these reminders. I will miss this, I'm sure. These four little spirits are my treasure and it's amazing how quickly they grow up. I'm so grateful to have wise leaders and role models who help us maintain a proper perspective.
Thanks for that reminder. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat IS a good reminder. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteThat is a really good reminder....I REALLY needed to read that. I think I will also be making copies and posting them around my house. I have already made framed (gentle reminders) of a few of my favorites. The one by my bed is from a letter Joseph Smith wrote to his wife about their children while he was in Liberty Jail. It is so sweet and so full of wisdom. Maybe someday I will live up to it. Thanks!
ReplyDelete