I was trying to figure out how to tie all these random photos together. I suppose beating the heat works. It was really hot here last week. I can't count the number of Slurpees and popsicles we consumed, but I know 7-Eleven is doing great business around here. Slurpees were easy to come by - fans, not so much. Thank goodness for Gran and Opa - they came to the rescue and brought us fans all the way from Tri-Cities since I couldn't find them anywhere in Seattle - no kidding, one store sold 700 when they opened! A little bit of irony - once we got back from Auburn (Mom and Dad were staying down there the night before RAMROD - Dad's cycling adventure on Mt. Rainier) we found that there was a power outage at our apartments. So we kept driving. And buying Slurpees, until about 11 p.m. Power came on at 1:30 a.m. Not so fun. Very hot - that was the day it got over 100 in Seattle. Which means my apartment was sitting at about 95 at least. Ugh!
But we did fun things too. Lots of fun outside in the sprinklers - why buy a fancy slip and slide when a tarp will do?

James was thirsty - and I bet that cool water felt great on his belly!


Laurel told me she was a salmon and she had swum up the river and was laying her eggs. Reminds me - we need to go to the Ballard Locks soon!

James got out of the shower, and before I could get a diaper on him, he had on Will's boots. Just keeping cool I guess! Cute little bum!

Made some Jell-o Sunday. Will wouldn't eat his with a spoon, so we thought, what the heck. The boys did their best impersonation of Ricky from Better Off Dead and sucked it up through the straws. Good times - good laughs. Will ate his this way.
Much cooler week expected this week. Yay! Still pregnant here, but now that I have a decent haircut, I'll let Aaron get a photo of me and the belly before I have this little man.
Way to keep cool. I can't wait to see your cute belly picture!
ReplyDeleteI love the slip-slide tarp! That looks like a blast!
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy you couldn't find any fans in the stores! It's one thing to be hot OUTside, but totally miserable if it's hot INside as well. Y'all are troopers!