Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Morning Favorites

I'm really trying hard to find things to be grateful for this week. Feeling VERY pregnant and now it's going to be super hot all week. Like 95 degree hot. I know Arizona family, that 95 is nothing. But for Seattle, it's something, especially when air conditioning is difficult to come by. So, we're surviving with lots of these:

Popsicles are the greatest!
This is a picture of what my dinner looked like on Friday night. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken a picture of Aaron handling those crabs, Laurel and James getting as close as they could to them, Will staying as far away as possible and all of us scarfing down. Aaron's good friends Jason and Britt live up in Marysville. They have a boat and crab pots and caught about 25 or so. This was, without a doubt, on of THE BEST dinners I've ever had. I got butter everywhere, I ate way too much (but then, Henry needed some too) and it was absolutely fantastic. I made a cheesecake for dessert - Jason and Britt are big cheesecake fans and I want to stay in their good graces!

Lemon bars. Because they are perfection and you don't have to have the oven on forever.

A new pastry book to drool over.

Our favorite kitchen appliance. Going to make some ice cream later this afternoon. I'm keeping well-stocked on ice cream making supplies. I love that there are recipes for sorbets, sherbets and slushies too. Those ones are even easier!
Happy Monday to all! Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment