Friday, February 22, 2008

TV Boycott

Day two of TV boycott and we're still alive. I found that my kids, Will especially, are way too addicted to TV. It's an easy babysitter to fall back on, but one I've used far too often. So we made it yesterday without any movies. They did get to watch something with Aaron last night while I was gone, but we got through the day, and that's the important part. Today has been exciting - I've found grapes in the light fixture in the kitchen from a grape throwing contest that went on. Will loves to play at the kitchen sink, so my kitchen floor is now fabulously clean. But we've also baked banana bread and wrastled on my bed. They've played Legos and dress-up and cars and colored and sculpted with play-do. This is great! I won't always have the energy for it, but when I do, I know we can make it without the TV.

Hooray hooray. Now I want to watch a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment