My heart just broke this last weekend for a sweet family in our ward. They have struggled through a really difficult pregnancy only to give birth to a sweet baby girl with a myriad of health problems. She passed away last Monday and I just ache for her parents. I got to babysit their son who is still a baby himself. The funeral was on Saturday and as much as I wanted to go and show my support I felt it best that I not since I would have to take James. That seemed just a bit too cruel.
But then they were all at church yesterday, smiling and so gracious to everyone. What a blessing it is to have a strong testimony of the gospel, to know that that sweet baby girl of theirs is theirs forever. It just really touched me to see. And made me a bit more tolerant of my own little set of problems. I'm grateful for all I have, even my little terrors. They are healthy and happy and I couldn't ask for more. I'm glad for the perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment