Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Aw Shucks

Laurel made my day today. And it's been a rough day, so that is saying a lot.

We were at the pediatrician's - for James' 2 month check-up. He was going to get three shots - yikes! While we were waiting for the nurse to return with the vaccinations, we had this conversation:
Laurel: I like the lady doctor (nurse) better than the man.
Me: Do you want to be a doctor when you grow up.
Laurel: Nah.
Me: How about a teacher like Miss Michelle?
Laurel: No, I want to be just like you.

I'm still smiling about it, even with a fussy baby and two hungry kids waiting for dinner. I love my life. I love being a mom. This is the greatest job ever and I wouldn't trade it for anything. On Sunday, our lesson in Relief Society was on Pres. Eyring's talk "Oh Remember, Remember" - how we should recognize the Lord's hand in our lives. Well, this was my lesson for the day. Having my daughter see the craziness that is my life and still want it for herself. I hope she always wants it. I hope I can always be a good example of a wife and mother to her.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. I think it is very true. And did you get an invite to my blog? If not email me at lee1201@msn.com

    ReplyDelete