Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grateful Sunday

Darn it! I had a picture all planned, but my parents escaped (twice!) without sitting for my staged shot of the kids with them on the couch.

So work with me: imagine my awesome parents sitting on the couch with my five awesome kids. Got a mental picture? Good.

  • I'm so grateful for my parents. I think I've said it before, very recently, bu they are just amazing. To spend three weeks (two for my mom, one for my dad) here at my house, taking care of all of us, and all because I'm their girl and they love me. That's just amazing to me. Love them both and can't wait to see them later in November.
  • Good friends, both in person and on the web - they do exist! Kindred spirits are everywhere. Just be sure to appreciate them - so I'm doing that here: Andrea, Alisha, Adrienne, Rachel Mc, Rachel L, Jennifer, Sariah, Mim, Rebecca. If I missed you, please be a good friend and forgive me. And remind me!
  • The miracle of modern medicine - I'm getting all better! No more swelling - major health concerns have gone away, which is lovely.
  • Aaron, who works so hard to do well in school, then comes home last night and makes me an omelet for dinner. Love that man!
  • Pumpkin bars. My visiting teacher makes the best ones and she is going to share the recipe with me. In the meantime, I'm going to make some sub-par ones of my own because I'm craving them!
Have a wonderful week - it's birthday week here so I'm going to be one busy lady. Laurel's birthday is Thursday, James' is Friday and Will's is next Sunday. Phew. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You do have amazing parents! I love them!

    I'm so glad you're feeling better--I've been thinking of you all week! Keep recovering!

    ReplyDelete