Thursday, November 04, 2010

Three

Birthday week continues with Mr. Blue Eyes, my Jamers. This little guy is so amazing. But first, the pictures.

My first (and only, so far) successful homebirth - quickest, easiest labor ever for me


This fella loves his ice cream and popsicles - we lived off them this summer


Good times at the beach in Oregon.


Playing in the backyard this summer.


Asleep in the tub. I was sitting with him and I watched his eyes close, so I got Aaron with the camera so we could catch a picture of it.


Now, let me tell you all about this blondy blue with his dimples who will steal your heart if you're not careful.
  1. I said it last year, and I'll say it again. This little guy is fierce, and I love it.
  2. He loves his brothers - he and William are train buddies and he is always laughing and playing with Henry. He adores his sister too. After the Primary program, Aaron went with William to the Primary room while I went to meet Laurel. I hugged her and told her how proud we were. James grabbed her and told her he loved her. He's just awesome.
  3. James loves to contradict you. If you ask him anything, the answer is typically "no." Including these questions: Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Do you want some grapes? Some fishy crackers? Are you Dash? Are you James?
  4. James still has a thing for my hair - he finds it very relaxing and if he's having difficulty sleeping, I can just lay down next to him and he'll play with my hair until he falls asleep.
  5. James loves his trains. And books. And Magic School Bus.
  6. James likes to eat off everyone else's plate, and drink out of my cup or Aaron's cup.
He is a sweetheart and all boy. Love this little man somethin' fierce. He's still my cuddlebug and life is better with him in our family.

Happy Birthday James!

2 comments:

  1. Don't they just grow up too fast? Jason used to do the hair thing with my hair too...sometimes it drove me nuts, but now he's 12!! Happy birthday week to you guys!

    PS. We aren't getting rid of ALL of our holiday food traditions...just some of them. Thanks for your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how those blue eyes keep him out of certain trouble--he's a cutie! That's awesome that he plays so well with both Will and Henry--and hooray for trains!

    ReplyDelete