A conversation with James:
J - C'mom Jennie (yes, he calls me by my first name). Need milk.
We walk into the kitchen.
J - Need milk.
Me - Say please.
J - Need milk.
Me - Say please.
J - Need MILK!
Me - If you say please, you can have some milk. Say please.
J - Need milk.
Enter William.
W - Mommy, gimme some milk.
Me - What do you say?
W - Please.
Hoping James had listened, I get all the milk and give some to William. James gets excited.
J - Need milk.
Me - Say please.
J - NEED MILK!
And so it goes. He's sitting next to me right now, reminding me that he needs milk. I am heartlessly drinking some of my own, right in front of him. I'm mean that way.
By the way, the title is for me, not my kids. Is it any wonder that I feel braindead after all this? I know it's good and wonderful to be home with my kids and I am truly blessed, but can I just say that I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to school and learn something myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment