This was just a little bit funny. My awesome visiting teacher offered to babysit Friday night after her kids were in bed (side note: she has good kids who go to bed at 7:30 - I wish!) so Aaron and I could go out "one last time" before baby comes. Just for a couple hours, but we were really looking forward to it.
Aaron and I like to go shooting. Well, Aaron has done it more than I have - it's been almost a year since I've been. We decided we'd go to the range for an hour or so. Good times. We got there, got checked in and were just about to go into the range when another employee, very hesitantly, asked if I was pregnant. Now, I don't look huge, but there is a big ol' belly sticking out there. Yes, I'm pregnant. Due on Tuesday, thanks. Here comes the bad news - can't go in there and go shooting. It's their policy. Liability issue. Someone somewhere must have blamed something on shooting while pregnant and sued or something and now I can't go shooting until after baby is born.
What's funny is, there isn't anything definitive out there. But, better safe than sorry. What made me laugh is that he gave us passes to come back (couldn't give us a refund on the fee) within 60 days. Umm, right. I'll have a newborn within a couple of weeks. Shooting a pistol would not be a good thing for a sleep-deprived mother of 4!
Oh well. Aaron get's to go with someone else. Some testosterone-fest. I'll have to wait until Henry is a little older before I can leave him with a sitter and go myself. 2 months won't cut it!
Dang! I love me some target practice! When is that Henry gonna get here anyway?
ReplyDelete