Now, on our camping trip - I have to say that I must not be a true Northwest girl - you would not catch me swimming in this water - I didn't even want to put my toes in, but I had to to chase after James a few times. Soooooo cold! But the kids didn't care - they had a great time chasing the waves together.
Will, being a crazy little man. He was having a great time burning marshmallows. Still hasn't figured it out that it's actually fun to eat them toasted. Whenever he'd burn one, he'd put it in my face or Aaron's and tell us to eat it. Um, no thanks. Since I married Aaron, I don't eat burnt marshmallows.
And this girl takes after her Papa. She is very methodical about toasting her mallows. Here she is eating one of them, getting all sticky.
And here she is with her perfect one - she did a great job!
Crazy fish face girl!
The next day, we headed home - got pretty wet the night before and James was still running a fever. We stopped at the John Wayne Marina in Port Townsend and chased crabs around. Will found a clam shell.
Playing pooh sticks at the bridge. Very important to do this everywhere you find a bridge.
We had a great time, but I've got a list of camping supplies that will be necessary - for one, camping mattresses!
These are great adventures! I can't believe how "grown up" James is looking. And wow, Laurel knows how to roast a perfect mallow--impressive! I'm always amazed how kids don't seem to be quite as affected by temperature when they're having fun. I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold water!
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of Aaron and Laurel together. You should frame the one of him leading her by the hand. She'll really grow to appreciate that someday! Your kids are adorable. I love the buzz cuts!
ReplyDelete