Sunday, June 07, 2009

9 Weeks of Goals

Baby Henry is arriving in (give or take, but most likely give!) 9 weeks. While school is, hooray, done for me, I still like to have goals. So here's what is planned:

1. Camping - we're going to Kalaloch in about 10 days for 2 nights. So excited for this - the kids love the beach, it's beautiful and relaxing and so much fun. We all need to get away. We're also going to probably meet my parents at Mt. Rainier for the 3rd of July - just one night, but camping with Gran and Opa is so much fun, especially now that they have the "condo" tent to visit.

2. Cupcakes - I just got a copy of "Hello, Cupcake" and Martha Stewart's Cupcake book should arrive any day - we're going to do some fun things this summer, starting with these ones:



3. Sewing projects - oh so many, and I'm getting started this week. Too many to list - check my other blog for pictures later!

4. Practice French - note, I did not say "study French" - I'm going to read my scriptures (at least one verse) in French, do a few exercises in some workbooks I have, but nothing hard core. Just keeping on my toes so I don't forget everything by September.

5. Organizing - here's where the nesting comes in - I've got a whole long list of "Jennie do's" and "Aaron do's" - things that really need to get done and organized before this new little man arrives. I'm excited about most of them - especially the ones for Aaron!

6. Swim, play in sprinklers, play outside, go for walks, ENJOY my family. This is the main one - if nothing else gets done but this one, I'll be content.

Six is enough, right? And some of them have multiple parts. Just want to get things going, starting tomorrow morning.

I have never looked forward to a summer vacation more. Pictures will come soon, promise.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good list of goals to accomplish before your little man arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. BTW we are coming up for a visit in July...I'll email you with more details. I don't know if you'll be in K town while we are there, but if you are I'd love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow only 9 more weeks?! I have to say the time has seemed to go very quickly---though you might not think the same!

    I like your list and will be looking forward to hearing about your projects. I don't know how you do it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that went fast. I can't believe you on ly have 9 more weeks! Dang . . .seems like just yesterday you were having your 3rd little one!

    Those cupcakes are AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete