Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birthdays and Spring Break

We celebrated my birthday on Sunday night, the 16th, even though my birthday is actually the 18th. Much easier to get everyone together on a Sunday and I was in the middle of finals yesterday, so it would not have been great. And I love birthdays - not just mine. Although it was fun that it was mine.
Kudos to Aaron, who bought me my Julia Child sign:

Mom and Dad found me my hat, which I am wearing right now:
I really am a hat girl - too many years of wearing them at work has me in the habit. It is so much easier than drying my hair and curling my hair and dealing with hair in general. Throw on a hat! And Laurel loves the Life is Good popsicle socks that they got me as well - we'll have to find a pair in her size.
I have gift cards to Barnes and Noble (thank you Erich, Rob and Corey!) and Target (thank you Ehren and Teresa). Aaron's parents sent me shopping money. If only I could get out of the house to go shopping! Kidding - Aaron is going to let me out one of these days. Laurel and Will bought me an extra set of measuring cups and spoons (hmmm - are they the reason the others are sometimes missing?) and a knife sharpener.
All in all, a great time with family. And Easter is already here!
And now it is spring break - wahooo! I am so glad to have it - I want to read a couple of books that aren't related to economics. We're going camping next week at Camp Zarahemla. It's going to be great. I'll keep y'all posted on my grades and our trip.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Inquiring minds want to know if you had to make your own birthday cake or if someone made one for you. ;) Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own birthday cake - Mom made cupcakes for the kids. Really, I don't mind making my own. I'm making my friend Sarah's next week!

    ReplyDelete