Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Babies!
Laurel came running into the computer room this afternoon going on and on about all the baby chicks, how she'd never seen so many. I thought she was talking about a show she'd watched recently. But finally she said she saw it out the window. Sure enough, our little quail couple has a rather large family - I counted at least 11 babies. I figured they were nesting in one of the bushes right outside our windows. They were so cute and so tiny - I didn't want to scare them but I just had to get some pictures. Mama got a bit nervous, so I quit after a few, but one of them ran after me, so I turned around and took his picture from the doorway (last shot). His papa came and got him and they are all safe. I'll have to keep the neighbor kids out of that area for a bit. So cute!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment