Aaron is home! And has been for an entire week, but life is busy around here. More on that tomorrow.
We had a fun, quick trip to Seattle to bring him home. Great friends, great fun, lots of traffic and a crazy air show.
Once we finally arrived at the airshow (seriously, it took hours, a couple of heated discussions, switching drivers/passengers, a long line, a bus ride, and another long line), we had a great time. These first two are the Patriots - they are a civilian team made up of retired Blue Angels and Thunderbirds. Awesome.
See that explosion up there in the right? I was in line getting pizzas and the explosion went off (planned, I assure you). The teenage girls in line behind me started freaking out, screaming, "Why is the smoke black?!!" Um, it's not going to be sparkly and pink sweetheart. Too funny.
The grand finale: The Thunderbirds. These guys are the Air Force equivalent of the Blue Angels, and just as talented. By this time, we were in line for the buses back to the parking lot so we could go home, but they weren't going to start loading the buses until the show ended, so we watched it from there.
And let me tell you, it got ugly once they started loading the buses. People pushing and shoving and cutting ahead of others. It was unorganized. Crowds of hot, tired, cranky people. Not good. Aaron and I got separated (Henry ran off and I lost my place - not hard to do with all the pushing). So I had Caroline, Henry and Laurel to get on a bus. Lucky me, there were some very nice people who made sure I got on the next bus. Bless their hearts, because by the time we got to Aaron, I had a sleeping Henry on my hands too!
We're all home and happy and together. Aaron is keeping busy doing chores and fix-its. I'm busy with swimming lessons and homeschool planning. We've got a few fun trips planned for the kids before Aaron goes back to school. Just a few weeks left!



No comments:
Post a Comment