Thursday, May 26, 2011

When it rains . . .

Actually, this post is intended to nothing but positive. I'm not complaining. Because it takes rain and sunshine to make rainbows. But I can't help but feel overwhelmed a little bit these days. And yet I am so blessed that I can't complain.

Foremost in my mind and heart is the passing of my Gran. She is an amazing lady and to know that she is reunited with her sweetheart, with her dear parents and grandparents makes my heart ache a little bit less every day. To know that Heavenly Father is mindful of all his children, that he hears and answers our prayers, is just one of the lessons I've learned, again, during this whole process. I'm so grateful that I took the opportunity to go see her in February, to hear more about her life, to really get to know Gran in a way I didn't before. She lived a remarkable life and I've been blessed to be her granddaughter.

Her funeral is next Saturday. On the Tracy family timeline for the next 10 days:

  • Friday, tomorrow - more packing, Jennie desperately needs to finish a paper as well as some other homework
  • Saturday - more homework, packing and cleaning
  • Sunday - truly, a day of rest
  • Monday - up early to place flags at the cemetery for Memorial Day, then more packing and cleaning
  • Tuesday - MOVE DAY - but first, a dental appointment for Laurel, pick up the truck, class for me at 4:30, then drive all the kids to Mom and Dad's house when I get out of class - Good-bye Seattle! Aaron will be driving straight through to Moscow and sleeping in the truck.
  • Wednesday - up and on the road (not too early!) to Moscow! Move in and get a little settled
  • Thursday - move in and get a little more settled
  • Friday - drive to Boise
  • Saturday - Gran's funeral, spend the day with family - I am SO excited to see my brothers and cousins and uncles - oh, and I'll be speaking at the funeral too
  • Sunday - drive home to Moscow
  • Monday - finish up some homework and submit it and be done for three weeks!
  • Tuesday - do absolutely nothing - except go to the grocery store, unpack as many boxes as humanly possible while my kids play outside all day long and then sleep.
The blessings are there, in all that craziness. I'm glad that my "research" trip in February gives me a chance to share some bits about Gran's life that she hasn't shared with everyone. I'm grateful that both my professors for the summer quarter have agreed to let me complete the course as an independent study thing so that I can graduate at the end of the summer - we'll be having a big graduation party in August! I'm so grateful that we have a house, with more space, inside and out, to call home in a few days. I'm grateful for all the help we've had, for friends who have babysat and the friends who will load our truck for us.

Life is wonderful and crazy and such a gift.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your crazy week. It will be over before you know it and then you can relax a little--hopefully for more than just a few minutes. I bet your talk will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete