Wednesday, May 23, 2007

End of Year Preschool Party






I don't have any great excuses for not posting lately. But now we have new photos and that's a good reason to post something. Laurel finished up her first year of pre-school. I have to say, I'm actually glad she'll get an extra year with Ms. Michelle (as Laurel calls her) since she won't turn five until after the cut-off date. She'll start kindergarten in whatever town we move to for law school. By that time, she'll have been in pre-school for three years and she just loves it. It really helps, having a teacher who loves your child and your child loves back. I don't know how to break it to her next week when she doesn't have to go to pre-school anymore. We'll do some fun things over the summer and start up again in September. Her teacher made a little picture slideshow on DVD and it is absolutely adorable - the songs she chose just killed me!

As for the rest of us - we're doing great. I'm feeling fine - clothes are getting to be too small and I'll have to get out the maternity capris and jeans soon. We're planning a camping trip during Aaron's week off of school. He'll be going full time this summer as well, so we don't get many opportunities to take trips. I asked Laurel what she wanted to do on our camping trip. She said "Get some wood and build a fire." Clearly, her father's daughter, the little pyro.

I'm a gardener now. Well, sort of. I'm growing three different kinds of tomatoes in pots on my patio. I'm quite impressed with myself. Friends will tell you that I'm more likely to kill plants, so the fact that my tomatoes have grown quite a bit since I bought them must mean I'm doing something right - sunshine and water sure do help. We'll be busy this summer, getting projects done and getting ready for the baby. Laurel isn't much help with names - if it's a girl, she says that she likes either Laurel or Maria. A boy - William. Hmmm. Laurel and William are taken. Maria? No thanks. We'll find out the gender, hopefully, in June and will have to only go through one list of names with her. She did say that we didn't need another William (brother). I quite agree. He's enough trouble! We're working on his vocabulary - it's not very extensive now. He relies on "mmm-hmmm" mostly. He'll agree to most anything, especially food. That boy will not stop eating - we're in so much trouble when he's a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment